Steel Pan Player req for Wedding 11 Jan 10

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Russell R
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Steel Pan Player req for Wedding 11 Jan 10

Post by Russell R »

Hello everyone me again, well I am out in Tobago and enjoying every minute. Hopefully I am not overstepping the mark, but I’m looking for a steel pan player to play at the beach wedding and thought this board might be a good place to start,
This is a beach front ceremony with about 90 guests and the bride and groom have requested that the artist does not use any electronic backing track
The artist MUST know how to play the following songs:
1.Here comes the bride, by Richard Wagner
2.Wedding March by Mendelssohn
3. Canon in D by Pachelbell
After that its the artist choice i.e. popular love songs that fit the mood and atmosphere of the event.
The booking is for 11 Jan 2010 and we will the need the artist set up and ready to welcome guests from 16.15 until 17:45.
Full schedule and details will be provided on the day. However the bride and or groom would like to set up a meeting with the artist before final confirmation
The couple are willing to pay $1000TT max
If you can recommend and/or put me in touch with a professional artist or put me touch, please do contact us via this board ASAP.
Thanks in advance. :D
R
GillMathews
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Re: Steel Pan Player req for Wedding 11 Jan 10

Post by GillMathews »

Hi Russell, Not sure if this will help because I dont know which part of the island you are in. Anyway,there is a small pavement side bar called The Green Bar run by a nice chap called Pompey (dont know any other name).He often has pan bands there and might be able to help.The bar is in Canaan on the main road driving away from Crown Point.It is on the right opposite the pharmacy.For obvious reasons it is often called "pompey's bar". This is also a place where the famous Mr Christmas often drinks,and yes that is his real name. :roll: He is a lovely old guy who never misses Sunday school and partners as many ladies on the dance floor as he can fit in over the course of an evening.I have had a few spins with him myself!! :lol: He might be able to help you because he must know every pan musician on the island.He is part of Tobago's folk lore and of course pan is a big tourist attraction every week at Buccoo's Sunday school.By way of introduction to Pompey,my name is Gill,a friend of Annie who he knows very well. Annie is there at the moment so I will ring her and ask her to tell him you might make contact.Hope this helps and you find what you want. So glad you are enjoying our beloved 'Bago. Got my flight booked for May.
Gill :)
GillMathews
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by GillMathews »

Hi again. Having read your other posts I see you are only just down the road from the bar so it will be easy to find.No frills,no fans so if you go in the evening you need mossie protection. 8)
Russell R
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Post by Russell R »

Gil,
Many thanks for your prompt response, which I will definitely follow up. We are now of course waiting to hear how the snow in Gatwick is affecting travel as the majority of people are meant to come in on the Monarch flight this afternoon! Fingers crossed :D
GillMathews
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by GillMathews »

Hi Russell, Special weather prog at 11am on BBC news 24 today showed many Gatwick flights delayed or cancelled with expectation of further significant snowfall in that area :cry: I have a friend from Bon Accord who has been in London over Christmas,Due to go home in about a week,he wont be pleased to be stuck here in this cold either :shock: Lets hope your party get a break in the weather and get airborne to the sun as planned.
Gill :D
GillMathews
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by GillMathews »

Russell, I just checked the live flight departure list at Gatwick. Flight Mon369 to Grenada and Tobago is one of the few flights still listed as scheduled as opposed to the majority to all destinations which say delayed or cancelled. I hope that means that they are already on thier way :!: :!: Good luck with all your plans. :D
Robert Brent
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Robert Brent »

Russell, If you have not sourced a pan player call Robert Marshall of Rent-a-Bar 639-5377. He can arrange a solo or group for you.
Robert Brent
Tobago Weddings - http://www.TobagoWeddings.com

Return to “General Questions & Comment”