Castara - Hummingbird Haven/Toad Hall/Lemon Tree

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Gerald T.

Castara - Hummingbird Haven/Toad Hall/Lemon Tree

Post by Gerald T. »

I wonder whether anyone of you has got any information on the above mentioned self-catering cottages in Castara. The website doesn't offer too much information, and there are no reviews available here. (At least none that I have found.)

Site: [Editor: broken link removed]

For bookings there is only an e-mail address and a British phone no. stated on the site.

Has anyone booked any of these cottages, or any experience with the company?

Thanks, Gerald
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Gerald

Welcome aboard! :lol:

The website you refer to has been put up by one of the owners of the four properties mentioned on the site. It is basically a joint marketing venture by four British owners of small houses in the village. There's one property missing from your list - Villa 1 = Black's House - but that's because it had no name until 3-4 days ago when I asked them for a name, so that I could list in on this site. We called it Black's House, after the name of the owner, pending his approval.

I've met and had several telephone conversations with the owner who runs the site. I believe them to be honest, responsible people. The houses are private holiday homes, but the owner's have now decided to accept a few rentals.

Sorry, but I can't tell you any more.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Gerald T.

Post by Gerald T. »

Thank you very much!

:D Gerald
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

hello gerald
the owners of these houses are all english couples who built these houses years ago, because they love tobago and wanted to spend as much time possible here. they are all very nice people and everyone knows them well in the village. each of the houses has a different local care taker, who would deal with you once you are here. if you email them they will answer all the questions you might have.
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Jo B
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Jo B »

Hello Gerald

I have also been looking at these villas. It is interesting to read the responses you have received so far.

I actually spoke to the website organiser very recently, having emailed him on a couple of occasions. He certainly sounded very pleasant and genuine, and we certainly intend to book one of the houses for our first Tobago holiday in the autumn.

Jo x

Return to “General Accommodation”