Guest Report

14 apartments in Crown Points (listing)
Kate Collier

Guest Report

Post by Kate Collier »

We arrived at the Banaquit after having to leave our booked accommodation in Castara in a hurry as we needed to be in Crown Point for family reasons. We literally got dropped off at the airport with our bags and no where to stay! Luckily, I had read lots of information on this website before going to Tobago, and so had a few ideas as to where to look for accommodation.

I enquired in person as to availability and price at Banaquit, whilst my boyfriend waited outside with our bags! I was greeted by the very friendly and helpful owner, who offered the lowest price of anywhere we tried, (there were a lot!) and allowed us to check in immediately, a big relief I have to say!

The apartments were excellent value, and really saved the end of our holiday. The apartment itself was large, with a perfectly adequate kitchen and bathroom, clean towels and effective air-conditioning. I really liked the private terrace outside, with the a table and chairs, overlooking a garden area with a mango tree. There was also access from this garden area to the adjacent hotels swimming pool, through a pretty gateway, which was available for our use. This pool was clean and plenty big enough, a real bonus in budget accommodation of this type. The apartment was set back from the road and shielded by the owners house, and so experienced little noise despite its very central and convenient location. Nothing was more then a walk away, from two of the best beaches on the island, Pigeon Point and Store Bay, to numerous restaurants to suit any budget, and the airport itself.

All in all, these apartments are a great budget option, with all the necessities in a great location and the benefit of a nice pool and helpful friendly owners. The only criticism I can think of is that they are a little dated, and could probably do with an overhaul to prevent them becoming a little shabby.

Return to “Bananaquit”