Coco Reef Hotel

135 room luxury 4* beachside resort at Crown Point (listing)
Heather

Coco Reef Hotel

Post by Heather »

Hi,

My partner and I are looking at going to Coco Reef next February. It will be our first time to Tobago. We have been to Barbados and Antigua but after reading all about Tobago fancy going there. We were recomended by some people we met on holiday this year to stay at Coco Reef. Has anyone been there recently? If so would love to hear what it was like.
Thanks
Heather
Kirsten Giles

Post by Kirsten Giles »

Hi Heather

We are off to Coco Reef in two weeks and one day!! I'm so excitied - will post a message to you when we are back to let you know what it was like. :lol:
Heather

Post by Heather »

Hi

You lucky thing! Have a good time, will look forward to you message when you return.
Thanks
Heather
Kirsten Giles

Post by Kirsten Giles »

Heather

The Coco reef is wonderful. We have already booked up to go again next year.

Have a fantastic time.

Kirsten
Heather

Coco Reef

Post by Heather »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, glad you had a good time. We booked our holiday a few days ago to Coco Reef. We are going beginning of February for 11 nights. Can't wait!!
Can you tell me a bit more about the hotel. e.g. food room etc?
Are there any bars within walking distance of Coco Reef? Also, just a read another report from some guy not recommending the place at all. Have you read it? I think that is the first bad report I have read on the hotel.

Thanks again
Heather
Sue Lees

Post by Sue Lees »

Hi, we're thinking about staying at Coco Reef next April for five or six nights nights next April before we go off to Grenada. I've trawled the net but can't seem to find any specific info as to what's around the area within walking distance - any bars, places to eat, live music etc if we go out of the hotel at night ?
Thanks - Sue
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Heather (& Sue)

Most of your questions are answered in our review of the Coco Reef Resort, available through our hotel listings or from the Reviews page. Although its nearly two years since we last stayed there, we did spend time at the hotel and enjoyed several lunchtime and evening meals there last January, so the review is still 99% current.

Remember that NO hotel in the world is right for everyone. NO establishment is going to get 100% approval. You don’t say where you read the bad comments – whether it was on this site, on another site – so I can’t comment. However, go by the general weight of opinion expressed in our forum here. This doesn’t just apply to the Coco Reef, it applies to every other establishment mentioned. Not knowing you, I can’t say if the Coco Reef is right for you. I can only say that I totally agree with the general conception that it is the best luxury hotel on Tobago. If you’re wanting something like a Club 18-30 type hotel, then you too may come back and write a negative report. I’m sure you know what I mean. My reports are written in very great length and detail – primarily to help people get a better ‘handle’ on Jill and myself, and our tastes and standards. That way you are better able to decide whether our views might correspond with your own.

The Coco Reef is situated in the middle of Crown Point. A horrible location (because it is the most built-up part of the island), except that the grounds of the hotel are so magnificent and enclosed that once inside the hotel you are so TOTALLY unaware of the external environment. The advantage of this location is that you have more bars, restaurants, beaches and shops within walking distance than any other large hotel on the island (still a relative term though - you're not going to be in the West End of London).

Have a look at my Restaurants listing and pinpoint all the places listed under Crown Point in the Locality column. 90% of these will be within easy walking distance of the hotel. The Pelican Reef is a nice place for a drink and is almost opposite the hotel. John Grant’s Golden Star Restaurant is the nearest thing Tobago has to a night club. A search through the forum for the word “nightlife” might produce some useful comment and suggestions.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Sue Lees

Post by Sue Lees »

Many thanks for your prompt response Steve. We had until today to confirm to our travel agent whether we wanted to book this hotel and you've now made up our minds - Coco Beach here we come.....
Sue
Heather

What is around the Coco Reef Hotel

Post by Heather »

Thanks Steve for getting back to me. Although we are booked in for all inclusive it is still nice to know that there are a few pubs and restaurants around, just to get out and go somewhere different for a drink or a even a meal.
Everything I have read about the hotel sounds great and just what we like. Niether of us likes disco's etc till all hours of the morning and are just looking forward to a nice relaxing holiday. Just under 12 weeks to go now and counting!!

Thanks again,
Heather

Return to “Coco Reef Resort”