Newton George - A guide to remember

Questions and comments about birding and rainforest tours
I Slade

Newton George - A guide to remember

Post by I Slade »

We made our first trip to Tobago this Xmas and wanted to go on a tour of the rainforest and to see some wildlife. I had read about Newton George on the forums here and contacted him via Email. He got back to me almost straight away and we arranged to meet in Tobago.

What a great time we had, the man knows his birds and the speed with which he could jump out of the van and get the particular bird in his scope was amazing. His depth of kowledge about the island and its wildlife meant for a really special day where we saw more birds than I can remember.

We came across other tour groups and guides on the Gilpin trail (which is amazing and well worth a visit) and you could tell they did not have the interest, passion and knowledge that Newton had.

If you are interested in a wildlife tour in Tobago I would recommend you contact Newton.
Neil Roberts
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Newton George

Post by Neil Roberts »

May I ask how much his services cost?
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Neil

Tour prices vary depending upon how many there are in your party (best to restrict it to no more than three, plus Newton) and, if memory serves me correctly will be anything from US$30 per person, depending upon how long a tour you go on (minimum is about half-a-day realistically). The best thing is to email Newton at [email protected] and tell him what you want so that he can suggest an option or two.

As you probably know, Newton is the myTobago recommended birding guide for Tobago. You can read our own impressions of him (I Slade has basically said it all) in our birding article - http://www.myTobago.info/birdwatching.php
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
K Travers

Post by K Travers »

I just wanted to drop a note to say thanks to all for this info- it's exactly what I came to this board for! My husband and I will be in Tobago in mid-February. While SCUBA is a big draw for us, we don't want to neglect Tobago's treasures above the water, and we're looking for some fine touring opportunities.

I emailed Newton, and got a swift reply. We'll be meeting him at the Blue Waters Inn bar on our first night there, to hammer out an itinerary for later in the week. Can't wait!

Thanks for the tip!

Karin

Return to “Birdwatching & Rainforest”