Guest Report

108 room 3*+ All-Inclusive resort at Stone Haven Bay (listing)
Solomon and Reah Mayers

Guest Report

Post by Solomon and Reah Mayers »

We planned our one week honeymoon at Grafton and were very excited to just relax and enjoy our time together after a really hectic wedding schedule. However,very beginning. The service at the front desk was very disorganized and unaccomodating.

On our arrival at the hotel, after a harrowing boat ride, when we tried to check in at 2pm, we were informed that check in time was at 3pm and we would have to wait. Very upset, we remained in the lobby with all our baggage and were ignored for half hour. We were given a cold complimentary drink by an even colder employee.

When we returned to the desk to check in, we were told that there was no record of our booking. My husband told them to check again, since he had received email confirmation of the booking.Then, incredibly, we were asked if we printed out the email and walked with it! Who does that?? Finally, they found the record of the booking and it was recorded as beginning the following day! When we complained about the service, the front desk rep. admitted that they often had mix ups from the reservations staff. Then we were told that we had to pay up front the full balance on our room. We were taken aback as we had already paid half, had not yet seen our room, received terrible service from the very beginning.Skeptical, we offered to leave credit card info at the desk. When she refused we asked to speak to the manager.He also told us that it was policy to pay in full and that if we didnt and agreed to leave, we would not be refunded. We were asked if we saw the room and liked it, if we would pay the full amount.

We agreed to look at the room, it was a double room with 2 small beds and somewhat outdated looking. Unimpressed, we were given another more pleasant room, large bed and ocean view. We told them we would only stay for the duration for which we paid (4 days 3 nights) and if we were satified, we would extend our stay to the full week. we were promised a bottle of wine and cake for the following day as we were a honeymoon couple. When I called the next day because we still hadnt received our cake and wine, we were informed that there was a mixup with the date.... etc etc etc. They eventually brought us a bottle of non alcoholic wine and a cute cake. Slight disappointment with the wine.

In the rooms, the shower was in the bathtub which we disliked. On the positive side the pool, and beach were lovely and the breakfast was really pleasant. Not enough to make is stay though. We happily left and relocated to Kariwak Village, the best hotel in Tobago!

On our return to Trinidad Grafton called to say i lrft my shoes in my room. We sent someone to collect it and of course when he reached, true grafton style, they didnt know what he was talking about.

Get your act together Grafton! Tourism is competitive. Train you people in customer service and like Kariwak, you will always be fully booked. and not lose customers.

Sorry Grafton, never again! I do not recommend this hotel

Return to “Grafton Beach Resort”