Recommendations on where to stay

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
PaulaH
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Recommendations on where to stay

Post by PaulaH »

Hello all,

I will be visiting Tobago mid May and wondered if any of you could give some advice or recommendations on where to stay on the island?
I'll be travelling alone, and I'm only there for a week. I'm happy enough to spend my days either exploring, or lounging around on the beach, but I'd like to stay in an area where there's maybe a handful of restaurants and maybe a bar within walking distance for the evenings. I'm not looking for wild night-life, I'd just like to stay in an area where I'm not limited to cooking for myself and spending every evening alone - somewhere with a good mix of locals, expats and other holiday-makers would be ideal :D I'm still debating whether to hire a car or not, since I'm travelling alone I thought it might be work out better value to just join tours or use local transport? (I'm quite relaxed about travelling times, and frequency!)

Many thanks in advance,
Paula
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Re: Recommendations on where to stay

Post by Paul Tallet »

I am biased, but your enquiry has 'Castara' written all over it.

There are several accommodations either on the beach or very close to it. Castara also has a strong community and you can mix with the locals or meet other visitors from many parts of the world.

Wait until you get there and organise trips through your host. The sooner you get in with a Group on a Boat Trip the better, they are good 'bonding' opportunities.

There are plenty of restaurants and bars but, be warned, dining out can be expensive compared to other areas of Tobago.

A week is not enough (in my opinion) so you need to really go for it and don't leave the best things until last.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
PaulaH
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Re: Recommendations on where to stay

Post by PaulaH »

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for the advice. I had been considering Castara, it seems like it's the area with the best mix of what I'm looking for. That's probably where I'll plump for.
I totally agree - one week is not enough :-(
Lots to pack in!

Thank you again,
Paula

Return to “General Questions & Comment”