Inflight Entertainment

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Karen, Dartford

Inflight Entertainment

Post by Karen, Dartford »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 01 March 2003

Hi Steve

Hope you and your wife enjoyed your holiday. I am pleased to say it is now only 6 days 21 hours before I leave for Coco Reef and I can't wait!!!!! I know this question will sound really silly, but I was wondering what the food/inflight entertainment was like on the Monarch flights? By the way, how is Coco Reef from your last visit last year? Thank you for future reply.

Regards.
Karen
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Inflight Entertainment

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Karen.

Good to hear from you again. Our impressions of the food on our JMC/Monarch flights replicated our views of last year – excellent outbound but not quite as good on the return. The breakfast on the return was a doggie bag with a muffin. But, I’m a picky small eater, so this is all quite high praise for me. The in-flight entertainment was an average mix. It was the same both outbound and return and my only real criticism was that they never announced when they were starting the reel, so invariably you missed the beginning of films.

I dined at the Coco Reef two evenings and had lunch there twice. Yes, I had no complaints and enjoyed my meals. My main review of the hotel holds good. The only real difference I noticed was the collection of Caribbean art hanging in the public rooms and corridors. Being a Philistine who hasn’t quite worked his way past the Renaissance, I will refrain from comment other than to say that some people must like it – particularly as Lloyds have valued the collection at more than £5 million.

Changing subject: one final tip. Do go on one of the Coco Reef’s free garden tours with Chief Horticulturist (head gardener) Delia Figueira. Even if you’re not a gardener, which I’m not, you’ll find the tours both fascinating and highly amusing.

Have a great trip and please let us know how you get on.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Louise

Inflight Entertainment

Post by Louise »

Thank you for your reply, once again you have been most informative. Yes, I was thinking of taking one of the gardening tours, as I had read a post from Miranda about it, so I will definitely try it out. I also read your comments re Pigeon Point, so do not think we will go near that beach now. I would like to just say I been reading a few of the posts which have been negative towards yourself, which I have found extremely poor show, considering this is your website!!! and what a fantastic website. Keep up the good work, you are appreciated by many! I will definitely let you have my review on my return. regards. Karen
Steve Wooler

Inflight Entertainment

Post by Steve Wooler »

Posts negative towards myself? Where? You must be joking! I must have missed them.

Seriously though, Karen, worry not – I could always delete such posts if they troubled me, but I only edit posts in extreme circumstances. However your kind words are appreciated. I guess I'm just a gobbie (gobby?) opinionated Yorkshireman (surprise, surprise!), so I purposely use these attributes to stress my views strongly and stimulate conversation and discussion. I won’t allow flaming (personal attacks on other people’s posts), but as editor I’ve got to be able to take some stick now and again. I don’t want the forum to be boring, so a little spat here and there makes it interesting. Crikey, you ought to hear Jill and me (mind you, her arguments with Today on Radio 4 every morning last long after the program has finished). The fact is I don't want us all to enjoy the same places. If we did, they would get too damned busy. Neither do I have time for the overly politically correct. This website and forum are intended to provide the true bottom line about Tobago – openly, honestly and without bias. But what is the truth about anything?
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”