Car Rental and Taxis

Transport-related questions and comment
Joe King

Post by Joe King »

Steve,

When was the last time you tried to read this forum from cover to cover?? Are you Mad man, its huge :shock: !! Its much easier ask the question and be spoon fed the answers!!!!

Anyway I'm just checking in to wish everyone a happy St Patricks day :lol: and of course an extra special greeting goes to the half Irish (Glyn) and quarter Irish (Steve) I'm just off to the pub for a few pints of REAL irish guinness with breakfast!

Hope you aren't all working too hard, Glyn, are you having a parade in Tobago?!?!?! 8)

Well be good, I'll have a pint for all of you, and god help the computer if I log on tonight, eh Steve!!!

Joe
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Hi Joe

No parade here I am afraid - I suppose I shouldn't tempt fate but this is one of the few locations around the world I have every visited which does not even boast an Irish pub! Now there's a business opportunity for someone...

All the best for Paddy's day for you too, enjoy the craigh..

Glyn
Glyn Kirpalani
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

You're forgetting Indigo, Glyn. Get there early and stay after the restaurant closes. Persuade Fiacra to play you some of his traditional Irish music Cds. I'm nutty over Irish music and believe you me, he has some stunning stuff. Mind you, I'm not sure if you'll be sober enough to listen to it properly.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Hi Steve

Is there a shamrock over the bar and Murphy's or Guinness on tap? If not it doen't qualify as an "Irish Pub".

Besides, I am just a poor, humble Tobagonian now, barely scraping a living, wandering where my next meal is coming from, and could not afford Indigo prices. I shall have to apply for a job as the half-Irish honorary consulate or something (unless Fiacra is already it?).

Cheers
Glyn Kirpalani
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Oh, so it doesn't have to be called O'Neills (surely the McDonald's of pubs?) or Scruffy Murphy's in the manner of the host of "Irish" theme pubs that have sprung up all over the UK and which have as much association with Ireland as Vietnam? If the Trinidad-brewed Guiness is any good, you can be sure that Fiancra and Erica will have it at Indigo - even if they have to link crates of bottles together and then draw it through a pump. There could well be a shamrock over the bar, but to be honest, my recollections of Indigo are all a bit hazy - I can't think why.

Anyway, Indigo isn't expensive - at least not by UK standards. You don't have to go for a meal - there's invariably a lively crowd at the bar. :-({|=
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Marc Jones

Post by Marc Jones »

Just did an advert for imported from Nigeria Guinness. LETHAL, over 7% proof.

:shock:
Joe King

Post by Joe King »

7% proof! Send it my way please :D

Even though I think I did enough for Guinness's yearly sales yesterday. They should have a rewards scheme for their customers, all the airlines do air-miles, why don't Guinness do 'pints-drank' :idea: :?: :?: :?: :!:

Must go... need big greasy breakfast

Any hangover cures from Tobago that the Europeans are yet to discover Glyn?

Hungover Joe #-o
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Hi Joe

Hangover cures in Tobago? Don't know any rustic ones but a proper local will no doubt suggest something obscure such as sucking the eyeball from a still-live Mahi Mahi or similar!

The day after my wedding, with a hangover from hell and the drugs wearing off, I spent the day on the 6th most beautiful beach in the world (Englishman's Bay, according to the awards) with 5 attractive air hostesses (wife's friends) and without my wife - that perked me up no end.

Might be tricky to re-arrange for someone else, but I will see what I can do for you.

Cheers
Glyn
Glyn Kirpalani
Joe King

Post by Joe King »

now that sounds like a cure you could only get on Tobago!!!

Return to “Car Rental & Public Transport”