Any feedback on Monarch flights?

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Sorry but my wife just corrected me (my source in BA!) - she thinks it will be a daily Virgin flight this winter season, and the BA flight back to its thrice weekly winter schedule, up from twice. Good news we hope, for the Tobago economy/small businesses. Maybe Steve has put all this on the flights page already, so forgive my digression from Monarch Premier class. Regards
Glyn
Glyn Kirpalani
Patrick Dankou
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Daily Virgin flights?

Post by Patrick Dankou »

Hi Glyn,
I did some research on the airlift situation for the coming high season.
Unfortunately Virgin will not operate a daily flight to Tobago. The original idea was to have an arrangement with one of the regional carriers to extend the Virgin service from Barbados to Tobago. I hear the negotiations didn't result in any agreement. Virgin always said it would consider a second flight to Tobago provided the request is there and the Crown Point airport is upgraded.
I can confirm though that BA will operate a third flight to Tobago during the high season, as long as there is enough demand.
In general the airlift to Toabgo is still somewhat volatile and a delicate issue; all stakeholders should try their best to promote our lovely island
(not only in the UK) as the airlift situation is not quite satisfactory yet.
Patrick Dankou
Yes Tourism - http://www.Yes-Tourism.com
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Hi Patrick

Thanks for clearing the winter flight issue up. Unfortunately the biggest stakeholder of all, the THA, seems unable to spend its meaty annual tourism marketing budget on global TV adverts/signboard ads (a la Jamaica, Barbados etc). I think that things will change when the Trini oil/gas runs out in xx years. Until then, it is down to us to spend our hard earned money on expensive ads, as you say, much of HolidayinTobago.com income going that way in the UK. Let's hope we can fill up those planes/rooms, while keeping Tobago "undiscovered", a balancing act that probably can't work long term, but we must try.

Regards
Glyn
Glyn Kirpalani

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”