Cashing Traveller's Cheques in Scarborough Town

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Walu

Cashing Traveller's Cheques in Scarborough Town

Post by Walu »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 07 December 2002

I need advice as to whether or not banks in Scarborough will easily cash TC's in Canadian Funds-or should I cash what I need in PoS? Believe it or not the offical Canadian Gov't website suggests I take TC's in US funds-but given the numbers of Trinibagans resident in Canada I have trouble believing that Canadian funds will be any kind of problem. I'll be in Charlotteville for at least 2 weeks fishing from pirogues so I'll need cash and don't want to make more than one stop in Scarborough. Any/all relevant info/comment/opinion much appreciated. TIA
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hopefully another Canadian will reply, passing on personal knowledge of the subject. However, in general, it is always “safer” to take US$ travellers cheques wherever you travel (to the chagrin of many British – and Canadians, I suspect). There are no banks in Charlotteville, as I think you are aware.

My best suggestion is to email the main four banks and ask them direct – email addresses are available in the Currency section of our general Information pages (http://www.myTobago.info/currency.php )
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

The last time I was in Tobago (1999), I had no trouble what so ever exchanging my Canadian traveller's cheques in Scarborough. I did most of my transactions at the Royal Bank in Scarborough. I indend to take Canadian traveller's cheques with me again when I go in Feb., and don't anticipate a problem. Hint: If you didn't already know, remember to bring your passport with you to the bank for ID.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Can't help with your query I'm afraid but I would be interested in hearing more about your pirogue fishing if you have time. I'm travelling out next year and my son and I are interested in inshore/coastal fishing. Pirogue? - a canoe of some sort? My email is [email protected]

Return to “General Questions & Comment”