Masking now

Your questions on medical and security issues
Pbpamela
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Masking now

Post by Pbpamela »

We are excited about our trip to Tobago in February. I am wondering what the situation is as far as masks now. The forum in July said that there wasn’t a mandate but that most of the people were still wearing them indoors. Can anyone tell me what the current situation is please.

Thank you
Murray
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Re: Masking now

Post by Murray »

I wouldn’t say most people were wearing masks indoors last month, but a significant minority certainly were - definitely more than in the UK or US

A lot of shops still had signs regarding mask wearing and social distancing outside, but I got the impression that they were still there as, in true Tobago style, no one had bothered to take them down rather than any expectation that they would be adhered to.

The mall still required hand sanitising on entry, but masks weren’t compulsory, and a couple of shops (can’t remember which) still asked you to use their temperature check machine.

I took a couple of masks with me, but didn’t ever wear one.

Hope that helps.
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Masking now

Post by PaulMakin »

Mandatory masking was rolled back in July except for in medical locations - hospital, doctors' offices etc.

Seen a slight increase in discretionary masking recently, probably secondary to the variety of other opportunistic infections that seem to be knocking about - colds, flu etc.

Return to “Health & Security”