Villa's Safe to rent?

Your questions on medical and security issues
EmmaT

Villa's Safe to rent?

Post by EmmaT »

Hi Everyone,

Due to go to Tobago on saturday for 2 weeks on Saturday (cant wait!)but after reading various reports on crime/burgalries in Villas, i just wondered what people thoughts were on renting them? there will be 8 of us (aged 21) and we have found a villa available called Villa Lagoona which is set in 1 acre of land. has anyone stayed here or does anyone know if this is quite remote?

Any comments would be really helpful :)

many many thanks!

Emma
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Villa's Safe to rent?

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Emma

Welcome aboard! :D

Security questions are always a difficult question to answer sensibly because it is so much a question of perception. If you feel unsafe, you're naturally going to go around looking over your shoulder and treating everyone as suspicious. If you are over-confident, you might not see a threat when it's staring you in the face.

All I can say to you is enjoy yourself but observe all common security precautions. Tobago is not a dangerous island in the overall scale of things. However, you must be sensible. It is all too easy to be lulled into a feeling of total safety and then make silly mistakes. One golden rule. Under NO circumstances invite any local you meet out and about back to the villa. Break that rule at your total peril.

So, relax, enjoy yourself, but act sensibly.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
EmmaT

Post by EmmaT »

Thanks Steve.
Wouldn't have even considered bringing other people back to the villa- There would be 4 girls and 4 boys so feel safer with that in itself anyway.
Think i'm just scared easily and shouldnt have read the reviews knowing what I am like!
Thanks again for your insight.
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Emma T,the rules are the same everywhere .....don't flaunt it.Tobagonians are honest people trust them but as Steve says don't invite any one into your villa.
David.

Return to “Health & Security”