Heat / Humidity

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Sue Noble

Heat / Humidity

Post by Sue Noble »

Been keeping a close eye on the weather in Tobago. I noticed that at the moment it's not quite so hot as it was a couple of weeks ago but humidity is about 100% !!! Is this normal?
Having never been to to this part of the world before, we have never experienced this sort of humidity, so no idea what it feels like. Do you just go round dripping in sweat all the time or is like being in a 'light mist'?

Dave & sue
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Re: Heat / Humidity

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hi Dave and Sue

Yes you will notice the difference ... even during the (alleged) dry season it can be humid.

It would feel like a typically humid hot summer afternoon in the UK just before a thunderstorm ... but it is often quite breezy.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

and other than in europe you can always hop in the sea when you feel too sweaty... :wink:

steph
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Joanne Green »

Hi Sue-
It depends on what time of year you will be there. The temperature doesn't vary much but the humidity is a good deal lower in January/February (I've never been there in Dec. or March). We used to go to the Caribbean in June & the difference in the comfort level was enormous! Go in the "dry" months if possible! I'm not very heat-tolerent, but I find that visiting in February is not too bad & if there's a good breeze, which is almost all the time, it's quite comfortable. Of course, when you go into the interior, where the wind is cut off, it's a lot more uncomfortable!
Carol Townsend
Queen of Waffle
Queen of Waffle

Post by Carol Townsend »

Dave and Sue,
Don't forget to keep up your fluid intake (water, not rum; I'm being sensible here!) but don't forget to eat as well to maintain your body's salt levels. We went in August (no choice-school hols) when the humidity level was incredibly high and my legs swelled up due to fluid retention. It didn't spoil my holiday and my first night back at home was spent in the loo (sorry, too much information) and by the next morning they had returned to their normal size.

Return to “Weather”