Guest Report

Small B&B/studio apartment guesthouse in Crown Point *** NOW CLOSED ***
Eslaine

Guest Report

Post by Eslaine »

My self my sister and 4 children pland a holiday in tobago. We travle there every year as we have family in trinidad and tobago but we wrer looking for somewere new to stay. We was in regolour contact with karen who seemed like a very nice person. We explained that i was disabled traveling with a 6 month ole and would need a down stairs appartment also my sister was traveling with 3 children. All seemed well and under control... We dicided to stay for one night extra on the way to trinidad befor returning in the two weeks as planed, we were assured that i would get a down stairs apparment and my sister would get the upstairs one!

when we got there we were told by keren that she decided to put us all up stairs! Which was a strain to say the least as i have serious motibility issues which was explained.. Kearen said that is all she had and since it was late and we had children, we had no choice but to take it for the night!
the apparment was dirty and had ants! It also had windows missing... The sofa bed was old and rusty..
the children was very upset(to tears! ) when we asked karern about this she said there is nothing she could do! Once again we had no choice but to clean it our selves and try and rest for the night.
we asked to see the other apparments we would be staying in when we come back.. The apparment karen had allocated for my sister and 3 children agen 12 to 16 was extreemaly small.
becaouse of the underlying problems we had that night and the small apparment offered to us fo when we was to come back we had to ask karen if would coul shorten our stay from 2 weeks to one? Karen rectuntley agreed.
the morning we was getting ready to leave karen came to our apparment complaining about our change og agreement say ing that " no one has ever complained before" she was quite rude and abrupt!
while we was packing our cases into the car to leave karen came up to our apparment with her friend and sat at the table and started to ues her lap top ( we was still using the apparment and our cheack out time was not for at least 4 hours, let alone we had children and a baby in tha apparment at the time! I called karen and spoke to her about this and once again she was very rude!

we left on ok terms after smoothing out out our differences!

while we was in trinidad we got a call from some one on karens behalf asking us to contact her!
when we called her she basically sad we could not come back for the week as planed!
we asked her why and she was rude again saying we was not welcome! We explaine to her that we was 2 single parents with children and do not ahve any were else to go furthermore we need to come to tobago to catch our plane back to the uk! She did not care!
we tried to reson with her hoping that we could at least get one night as we was stranede in trinidad! She still said no!
then she gave us problems to give us outr money back... We had to threaten her to call the police. She then agreed to give us our money but we had to pay the tranfure fee!

we have been traveling to tobago for over 10 years and have never been treated like this before.
karen new that we were single parents traveling with an infent and she had no concern what so ever!
i would not advise any one to stay at this hotel!

we ended up staying at arthers by the sea for one night (luckly) as we couldent get a ticket to get to tobago after our plans got unfarley changed. We could have been litlery stranded in trinidad because of one person!

this is a warning as it could happen to you and your children.....
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Guest Report

Post by Steve Wooler »

Karen Buckmire, the owner of Kia's, has asked me to post the following response to the above post. Whilst I obviously can't comment on the actual circumstances of this 'incident', I have to say that I am quite astonished by the report and would simply refer readers to the many, many other posts in this forum which post a very different picture of both Karen and Kia's.
In response to the foregoing post, I was sorry to hear the interpretation of events of the two sisters who stayedat Kias.. I personally met them at the airport and made three trips with their luggage to and from the airport to the guesthouse.When I saw they were not comfortable with the one bedroom apartment,I drove Naomi that evening to two neigbouring hotels where they could spend the night .Our philoshy at Kias is making sure our guest are happy and comfortable., I offered to refund the sisters their money first thing in the morning and offered to find them alternative accommodation for the two weeks since they wanted a larger studio. But this was refused .I asked the sisters to contact me when they were in Trinidad as I found them alternative accommodation with more room and stated I could transfer their deposit to the new accommodation.

I did not realize they were stranded in Trinidad since from their conversation and emails they wanted to spend more time by their mom who lives in Trinidad.As a single mom myself, we welcome families and we believe in customer service. If someone is not happy we try to find a solution. The solution in the above scenario was a refund initiated , offered and willingly given by me and my assistance in finding bigger studios for the guest.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Kia's Across From The Beach”