Guest Report

4 apartments Black Rock village (listing)
Lars & Åshild Stokke

Guest Report

Post by Lars & Åshild Stokke »

We stayed in the 2 bedroom- apartment for 8 days after another guest house in Black rock had failed to provide accomodation (although we ordered 6 months ahead!). Being 4 adults and 2 small kids, we were very happy to discover that we could all fit in to a single apartment at Lindsay's :D

Our first thought was that we would miss the sea view and immediate access to beach, since the guest house is a 5 minute walk from Turtle Beach and Stone Haven Beach in the middle of Black Rock. How wrong we were!! Liz and Auldwyn immediately made us feel welcome (unlike most residents of Tobago..) and almost a part of their family. The rooms were very clean and welcoming and the birds and flowers of Liz's charming garden all added their efforts to make us feel really relaxed. Actually, we enjoyed escaping the thundering waves constantly harassing our poor ears the preceding 14 days when we stayed at an apartment directly on the beach front...

The most valuable assets of the guest house, apart from nice apartments and guarden, are the owners themselves! Liz and Aulwyn are by far the most welcoming and including Tobagians we ever met (well, Liz is actually a full- fledged English and Auldwyn almost too, I think :), and I would really like to plan my vacation when going back, to match their stay at the guesthouse.

We must also add that Black Rock is a great place to stay when travelling to Tobago. There are very few tourists here, and we really got to see the every- day life here. There are several small groceries and fruit- stalls in BR, and also a lady selling pastries and bread at a small yellow "shop". The fabulous Stonehaven Beach and Turtle Beach are flanking the seaside of the village with the Black Rock and Fort Bennett between them. The less accessible, but excellent Lava Beach is also close by and the Seahorse In is a magnificent restaurant. Within walking distance we also enjoyed pizzas at Pizza Boys, local cusine at The Fish Pot and Joannes (great home made take away at very affordable prices:)

Return to “Auldwyn Lindsay Apartments”