Choosing my room at the Rex - calling all Rexophiles!

125 room budget all-inclusive hotel at Great Courland Bay (listing)
Marc Jones

Choosing my room at the Rex - calling all Rexophiles!

Post by Marc Jones »

OK, having tracked down a working email for the Rex and having had a few chats with someone there I am now in a position to select my ground floor room :-)

I have to say, this is fantastic customer service and I am massively pleased. So, given the upper floors give the best view of breaking waves, and I'm out on that, anyone that's been help me select a position with no pool and noise (within context, I appreciate nowhere there will be disco city!) and preferably with a nice view of the beach as far as possible?

I've seen the posts elsewhere about upper floors but was curious to hear from seasoned Rexophiles before letting the Rex know where I'd like to be!
Jill M
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Jill M »

You need to be in 142 + to get a good view - any lower and you will get a good view of the artists and sales people.

BTW if you have a ground floor room watch out for the Coconut man who arrives every morning. He is a simple character who doesn't always take no for an answer. Be polite but firm otherwise you will have coconut milk over your patio every morning.
Marc Jones

Post by Marc Jones »

Jeez, he sounds fun. Doesn't the hotel keep an eye out for such characters?
Dave Guest

Post by Dave Guest »

Hi Marc,

I'm here in the lobby at the Rex as I type! Yes there are plenty of security people around the hotel and they keep the beach vendors away if they get too persistent. We've been here a week and haven't been hastled at all so far.

For rooms away from the pool you need anything ending in 20+. The bigger the last 2 digits of the room number the further away from the pool. Personally I don't know what all the fuss is about ground floor rooms, we requested a higher floor and have a second floor room which is fantastic. The air con keeps it cool and it's not too noisy to leave it running all night.

The weather is fantatsic and we've watched 2 turles laying eggs so far.

Hope you have as good a time as we're having,

Dave and Diane
Marc Jones

Post by Marc Jones »

WooHoo!

That's got me even more excited.

I'm flying out Monday.

I arranged a room "at the far end".

Return to “Starfish Tobago”