Rex Turtle - April 2003

125 room budget all-inclusive hotel at Great Courland Bay (listing)
B Harper

Rex Turtle - April 2003

Post by B Harper »

I visited this site way back in February of this year and learnt an awful lot about the wonderful Island of Tobago.This Web Site has changed since then. Due to computer problems I have not been able to visit this site.However,I visited the Island with my family in April and stayed at the Rex Turtle Beach Hotel on an All Inclusive basis. It Is true that this hotel is positioned in the most wonderful setting on the beach.

It is also true that it does require a major refushbishment,but having said that the accommodation we had was clean and comfortable,with air conditioning The food ,not being 'per Savoy Hotel'was good and varied,and plenty of it.The staff at the hotel whilst being very helpful and friendy were a bit stand-offish. The swimming pool is very small,ideal for children,but with a beach so close who needs a swimming pool!

We ventured outside the hotel on sightseeing trips around the island and it here that we scored a'Bullseye'. A chap called Simon McLetchie acted as our guide.The information and knowledge he has of the Island and the birdlife is astounding.We spent a whole day with him in his 4 track and he took us to nearly every part of the Island.Excellent chap and a lovely day.
If visitors to the Island wish to use Simon as a guide they can contact him by e-mail(simon_contact'yahoo.com) or telephone(868)639-0265 and view his web site http://www.tobago-adventure.com I have some wonderful photos and reminders of the Island due to the services of Simon.

We enjoyed our trip and hope to return next year.

Brian Harper

Return to “Starfish Tobago”