Driver Licences

Transport-related questions and comment
H Strindberg

Driver Licences

Post by H Strindberg »

I'm planning to rent a light-weight motorcycle on tobago, but I'm unsure what kinds of licence you require, perhaps you guys can enlighen me.

I sweden we have four classes of motorcycles:

1) Mopeds (up to 50cc, maximum speed 30 hm/h) requires no licence.
2) EU-Mopeds (up 50cc, maximum speed 50 km/h) requires simple course or car drivers licence.
3) Light Motorcyle (up to 110 cc) require leight motorcycle driver's licence.
4) Hevvy Motorcycle (everything) require heavvy motorycle drivers licence.

So my questions what are the rules for renting smaller bikes in Trinidad & Tobago, is a car drivers licence ok? (Not like harleys and the other good stuff you're talking about in other threads)
/H
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

best you check with the places who rent bikes by mail, they would know best! and if you don't find them, yea tourism might know them or ask sheppy. renting out a harley he should have knowledge in the matter...
be safe
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
H Strindberg

About the licences.

Post by H Strindberg »

Just got back from Tobago. There are different drivers' licences and you're not allowed to drive a motorcycle if you don't have a specific motorcycle drivers' licence.
A bunch of english girls were refused to rent even scooters at Sheppy's since they didn't have correct licences.

Me and my fiancee settled with a small suzuki jeep for a total of 10 days. My advice for everybody travveling in Tobago: Rent a car! It really gives you freedom.

I payed 75 USD per day with full CSW (one day for free since I rented it for a week)
Brad F

Post by Brad F »

We just returned from out first trip to Tobago a couple of weeks ago, and you could not pay me enough to get on a motorcycle of any kind on those roads. It may be that I am used to the wide open Canadian prairie roads where you can see for miles, but that kind of excitement I can do without.

Brad

Return to “Car Rental & Public Transport”