Guest Report

47 room apartment timeshare resort located at Sandy Point (listing)
Bryn Sealy

Guest Report

Post by Bryn Sealy »

We find the actual resort quite nice (as far as the grounds and the units). This was our third stay at Sandy Point Beach Club. We were really put off by the attitudes of the staff this time. Every request seemed too much for them to handle. The maid service was horrid. Our unit was never properly cleaned until we asked for it. In the two weeks we were there the toilet wasn't cleaned at all. The floor was only swept at the end of the first week when we asked for it to be done.The maid actually had the nerve to suggest that I wash the sheets myself. They are overly concerned with details that don't matter and in constant search of 'drama'. We were called several times to remind us when we were leaving (as if we don't know!). It made us feel like they couldn't wait to get rid of us when we still had 4 days left!

The staff need to be seriously trained in customer service and the importance of treating the guests well.

The general feeling we got was that it's a timeshare so they already have our money so why go the extra mile to ensure we have a good time?? They know most people will be back because they own there.

Bryn
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Bryn

Second time today we must disagree. :lol:

I must confess I was totally astonished when I read your comments on the SPBC in another post because having stayed there just a few weeks before you, I have to say that our experience was exactly and totally the opposite as far as the staff were concerned. We found them to be really happy and friendly in every section of the resort, from housekeeping, through to the front desk, restaurant and bar. And, in fairness, that was during Carnival week when they were full to capacity.

Just shows how different people can get a completely different take on the same place - in the same way that we disagree about Jemma's. What puzzles me is that this was your third visit to the SPBC. I take it that your experiences with the staff were totally different the other two times.

What an awful dissapointment for you. :cry:
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

Yes, this was our third stay at SPBC. It wasn't the first time we've had issues with the way they deal with things but there were too many issues this time so worth mentioning. I can let some things slide and it takes a lot to get me fired up. They sure got me fired up this time.

I can't help but think you got great treatment because of who you are....no offense. We spoke with a few others there and they were experiencing difficulties with the staff as well. I think the staff turn over has been quite high lately. Perhaps they aren't being trained properly? I'm not sure.

Bryn
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Bryn

Fair point, but believe you me, we quickly spot it when the staff have been 'primed'. That's part of the reason why we always stay five days or more - it gives us a lot longer to find out the "truth" and makes it a lot harder for the establishment to keep up any pretences. During that time we get to know more staff; meet more guests and get a chance to pop our head into more rooms during cleaning to see if we have been given/shown typical rooms. With the exception of admin staff, I didn't find a single member of staff at the SPBC who seemed to know who we were or what we were doing.

Most importantly of all, it was the discussions with other guests that primarily drive our impressions. We may not be typical guests. So, it is vital that we speak to ‘typical’ guests and find out their views. That’s very much Jill’s job. While I’m in the room bashing a keyboard, Jill is out there on the beach or propping up the bar, talking to people – something that comes very naturally and easily to her. Our views simply become an endorsement of what we find from typical guests of that establishment.

I know that every establishment has good and bad weeks. What we found during our five days there, during Carnival, totally confirmed everything I had read and heard about SPBC before. You have been there twice before and were obviously very happy to return. I don’t know whether travelling with a baby put a kybosh on things, but from reading your other posts it seems that your entire Tobago experience wasn’t a total success this year. That’s really sad news and I’m so disappointed for you. Hopefully your next visit will restore confidence.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Nikos

Post by Nikos »

We had similar problems with the staff during our stay at SPBC 2 years ago, Bryn. I think you may find them posted at some other thread., not sure which.

Return to “Sandy Point Beach Club”