Guest Report

125 room budget all-inclusive hotel at Great Courland Bay (listing)
Marion Moss

Guest Report

Post by Marion Moss »

We had a super 2 weeks stay at Turtle Beach Hotel, and saw three turtles laying their eggs!
The Hotel is clean and comfortable, and the staff are friendly and helpful. We found them to be particularly helpful when Virgin left one of our suitcases at the airport!
Not a "dressy" hotel, although there is a dress code for the dining room. The food is good and there is plenty to choose from, although we did not take "a la carte". We loved all the meals.
The pool was lovely and clean. The pool bar was understaffed and there was sometimes a wait to get a drink.
We stayed in the new block, our bedroom was air-conditioned thank goodness, but the balcony was far to hot to sit out!
The entertainment was good with several different acts.
Overall, this is a super family and couples hotel, with a children's club and kids meals.
The beach area is good and the beach traders are polite.
The tours on offer at the hotel are good, and also by Virgin, however my husband and I came particularly to see the birds of Tobago (of which thre are many). We saw 96 species. There are independent guides that you can take tours from; they are to be found on the beach area. We chose a lovely, knowledgeable and polite man called Peter William; he's keen on his birds and wildlife and we certain got our monies-worth and more from him. As Peter says "When I'm birdin', I'm birdin'!" and so did we - wow! What a holdiay - won't forget it in a long time.

Return to “Starfish Tobago”