holiday in July

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Gerry M

holiday in July

Post by Gerry M »

Hello,

What are the experiences with a trip to Tabago in july (raining season).
Is that a good idea, or better wait for a other period.
Thanks.
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Re: holiday in July

Post by Hugh S »

A little warmer and a little more rain but it's my favorite time of the year in Tobago. Everything is so green and the island is not as crowded. 8)
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

As Hugh say, the island is very greeen at that time.

But for the weather, no one can say "it´s always raining" i july. And in the same way, no one can really tell you what type of weather you will get 2-3 months ahead.

I´ve been in Tobago since 1992, mostly 4-6 weeks during june - august, and all summers are different. Sometimes I hardly get any rain in daytime, mostly showers during the afternoon-night, sometimes 2-3 weeks with quite sunny weahter and than 2-3 hard showers per week in daytime.
Sometimes many small showers during daytime/afternoon and some in the night. You will never really know in forhead how the weather will be. And mostly the sky isn´t all clear all the time, and I like that because the sun is really hot, hot.

One year the tropical storms did arrive early, I got two storms in three weeks time. One of them, Ivan, did become a bad hurricane when leaving T&T-area. Those two storm gave me almost three weeks with mostly rain. But that doesn´t matter for me as I´m there for 4-6 weeks. But I´d feel sorry for those who just arrive for two weeks vcacation!

If there´s showers in the night you will wake up in the morning, and around 07:00 the humidity might be 85-95% and temp about 27C. If it´s a sunny day the humidity will drop to some 60-65% and the temp might reach some 30-34C.
In the evening, around 8:00, the temp is mostly about 27-28C, humidity around 75-80%, and I go out feeling "what a nice cool evening". I adapt quite quickly maybe you also do so.

So I´m afraid there´s no real answer, no one can say "this how the weather will be in july". The weather is changing there too as it does all over the world. But I´m going down this year in mid-july for 4-5 weeks again!

Ronald
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

I'll be there June 21 to August 3 this year!!! Can't wait. 8)

Ivan took down some of my bananas early so we cooked them instead of having them for breakfast. No problem, mon.

Return to “Weather”