Rocky's Rentals - Great Service

Transport-related questions and comment
James Robinson

Rocky's Rentals - Great Service

Post by James Robinson »

With all the mails in this forum about how good various car hire companies are I must put in a glowing recommendation for Rocky's Rentals. Curtis fronts the most efficient and friendly car rental company we've ever come across.
We've used them twice now and both times we've got a good rate for a good car (both pretty new cars as well) - the second time we asked for a quote from Sheppy as well and Curtis was cheaper (plus we got an estate as we'd asked for a larger car to accomodate our golf clubs).
Each time the car was delivered promptly (the second time Curtis dropped the car off the night before so that he knew where to go the next day) and business was conducted with efficiency and friendliness. When we dropped the car off at the airport Curtis was there to meet us and each time gave us a small momento to remember Tobago.
If you're looking for car hire please send an email to Rocky's Rentals ([email protected]), I don't think you'll be disappointed. :D
Cheers - James
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi James

Thanks for that.

Who/where are Rocky's Rentals? I can find no mention of them anywhere, so they are not on any of my lists. I assume you have no commercial association with them, given your post history, so will gladly add them to the list of Tobago car rental services if you can give me some extra information - like where they are based?
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
James Robinson

Post by James Robinson »

Sorry for not replying Steve, I've not been on the website for ages. You're correct that I've no commercial connection to Rocky's Rentals (the first time we used them the Hummingbird Hotel booked it for us). All I know from what Curtis told me in conversation is that they are based Lambeau, the business card that he gave us doesn't have any address on it. Sorry I can't be of any further assistance.
Cheers - James
Tracey Wyatt

Rocky's Rentals - Excellent Service

Post by Tracey Wyatt »

I should like to reiterate these comments. We were extremely impressed with the service we received from Rocky's Rentals in the person of Curtis. We hired a Diahatsu Terios Jeep for 10 days and the Jeep was brand new with about 30 miles on the clock! It was perfect for driving in Tobago. A number of our fellow guests also hired vehicles and were all very satisfied. Even when one of them changed their mind and swapped their car hire days after Curtis delivered their vehicle he was perfectly accommodating and courteous. We arranged the hire from England via email and the jeep was delivered promptly to our hotel as agreed. We then followed Curtis to his office which is on the Store Bay Local Road, Crown Point and paid by credit card. He also runs a laundry service and towards the end of our two weeks had a bag of washing delivered back to our hotel beautifully washed and ironed, at a very reasonable price.

Moreover he was, like many people in Tobago, a genuinely nice sincere person. It was also the first time we were presented with a little momento of our holiday in Tobago from a car hire company!

Email: [email protected]
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Tracey

Thank for your input and recommendation. I confess I am somewhat puzzled by the fact that he delivered the vehicle to your hotel and then you had to follow him back to his office to pay by credit card. That's certainly not normal and seems to defeat the idea of the delivery service.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Jane H
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Jane H »

Hi Steve

I guess that getting the car delivered to the hotel, then going to the office to pay saves the client the hassle and cost of getting to the rental office (and lets face it - petrol costs in Tobago are much, much cheaper than taxi fares!). Incidently, it also gives a brief chance to try out the vehicle and identify any glitches.

Just my (glass half full) point of view!

Jane
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

steve, we have the same trouble (not for long again we hope): we have to swipe the card and noone wants to give the card to someone to go away with it to swipe it. depending on wich bank he is with it can take SOME time to apply for a machine that can be used by punching in numbers and expiery dates. maybe one of the happy guests gives him that info and pushes him a bit to get it done :wink:
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Gary

Re: Rocky's Rentals - Great Service

Post by Gary »

I cannot believe I let this one pass me by.

Last year we also hired a vehicle from Curtis of Rocky Rentals, we asked for a hard top with air con & although the vehicle we had was getting on a bit it was the cleanest Suzuki Samuri that we have ever seen. Curtis was as has been said very friendly & the service he gave was second to none :D
We are returning again in six days time & are very happy to rent from Curtis again. We booked well in advance by email & are happy to recommend Rocky Rentals to anyone.

His email address is : [email protected]

He can be found on the left hand side of Store Bay Local road as you drive away from the airport, map below:

Gary.

Return to “Car Rental & Public Transport”