where is the ferry

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Benny Thorsen

where is the ferry

Post by Benny Thorsen »

Hi

I am going to travel from trinidad to tobago on the 13 of jan. 2009, and i would like to take the ferry, but when i try to push the ferrybutton on this site, it is not posible to link up to the ferryhomepage.
Does the ferries still sail?
Is there another site i can go to, to se the sceduel and book the travel?

Kindly

Benny
Last edited by Benny Thorsen on Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Susanne Thomsen
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Re: where is the ferry

Post by Susanne Thomsen »

Hej Benny.

Færgen sejler stadig ja. Der er vist nok 2 slags, en katamaran og så den de kalder express t&t exspress.

De sejler kun en gang i døgnet, og jeg prøvede lige at se om jeg kunne finde noget på det, men desværre. Håber det var lidt hjælp.

Hope thats ok i wrote in danish to Benny. Sorry .

How long are you on Tobago, and where will you stay Benny?? We are going the 3. off February and will be in Castara for 2 weeks.

Hilsen Susanne
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Benny

Welcome aboard! :D

Yes, the ferry still operates. The online ticket website appears to have been taken down, so I've amended our ferry page and can now only refer readers to the Port Authority website at http://www.patnt.com/. As far as I can tell, you can no longer book ferry tickets online.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Benny Thorsen

Post by Benny Thorsen »

Susanne Thomsen wrote:Hej Benny.

Færgen sejler stadig ja. Der er vist nok 2 slags, en katamaran og så den de kalder express t&t exspress.

De sejler kun en gang i døgnet, og jeg prøvede lige at se om jeg kunne finde noget på det, men desværre. Håber det var lidt hjælp.

Hope thats ok i wrote in danish to Benny. Sorry .

How long are you on Tobago, and where will you stay Benny?? We are going the 3. off February and will be in Castara for 2 weeks.

Hilsen Susanne

Hej

Vi er i Charlotteville 1 uge, så 1 uge i Castara og slutter med 5 dage i Black Rock, vi rejser hjem d. 2 feb, så vi kan vinke på vej over atlanten.
I castara bor vi et sted der hedder Naturalist Beach.
Det er vores første besøg på disse kanter, så vi er temmelig spændte!!

Tak for hjælpen og hav en rigtig dejlig ferie.

Benny
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

maybe this thread should be called "danish for learners" :lol:
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Maybe they were saying that the Ferry is often found in the sea ... inbetween Tobago and Trinidad :mrgreen:

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

being german I could get more from them than that...I do know where they are staying now and how long. Ha! no secret language.
but you are right. it is most likely to find the ferry somewhere on that route. anything else would be worrysome, don't you think? :wink:
we use it quite often and it is not easy to get tickets. only at the port if you have a vehicle and only two days or more in advance at other locations like post offices. very sad that there is no propper online booking system in place. let's keep dreaming, maybe one day.... steve, can't you sell them one :lol:

off for today
steph
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Benny Thorsen

Post by Benny Thorsen »

Hi

Sorry for the danish egotripping, but it is so nice speaking danish that we just could not stop ;o)

Thanks for the help, we look forward to experience the ferry, both in harbour and at sea!

Kindly

benny

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”