Guest Report

Small B&B/studio apartment guesthouse in Crown Point *** NOW CLOSED ***
Samantha Harmon

Guest Report

Post by Samantha Harmon »

As I would be staying in Tobago on my own (a single thirtysomething woman) I researched many types of accommodation to best suit my needs -
Near to CoCo Reef Hotel, as my friends were staying there and getting married there.
Value for money.
Closeness to the beaches.
Other reviews posted.
Taking all of these into account my list of possibles shortened. I emailed the ones left on the list and I am so so pleased that Karen @ Kias Accross from the Beach emailed me back. It was from that moment the vibe felt right. We emailed a couple more times before I arrived at Crown Point Airport on 17/09/09 for two weeks. Karen was there to collect me and my bags, then we took a very short drive to her Guesthouse. My accommodation consisted of a studio appartment with a kitchen equipped with all necessities and my own bathroom and shower as this was one area I did not want to share. The appartment had air conditioning, a seperate fan, a mosquito net to hang around my bed at night, TV and everything else you might need, wardrobe,table,chairs, etc. Karen is very approachable, about anything no matter how small or silly. The housekeeper Gail I saw nearly every day as breakfast was served(optional extra) but well worth the small charge. Towels and bed sheets were changed regularly. Kias was quite busy whilst I stayed there, but rarely did I cross paths with other guests and when I did everyone was polite and I did not experience any late noise in the evening. I had my own front door to the appartment and a balcony with table and chairs to sit out on if I liked. The housekeeper Gail was helpful on a number of occasions as was Karen. I felt very comfortable and relaxed not only with the accommodation but like I said earlier I was a woman staying on my own and the fact that Karen/Gail were always around if needed and no male pressure or dominance. I would recommend Kia's to all types of travellers, singles, couples,families or groups, you will be satisfied for your money. My friends stayed at the CoCo Reef Hotel, their villa was beautiful but the price was far from beautiful.
So what I'm trying to say is Kia's is clean,welcoming,friendly,near to beaches,banks,shops,resturants,the airport and Karen even helps you find a good local tour guide(WAYNE KENNEDY TOURS) who is trustworthy with reasonable rates, as believe me you will be bombarded by the offer of tours by so many different tour guides.

Return to “Kia's Across From The Beach”