Blue Haven vs. Coco Reef for Wedding

55-room luxury boutique hotel in Bacolet (listing)
Teresa

Post by Teresa »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 16 February 2003

Hi-

We are planning a wedding for the 3rd week of April and want to know where they best place to stay would be. I've received wedding info from blue haven and coco reef. I would appreciate any advice on blue haven vs coco reef. Any other suggestions would be great!

Many thanks- Teresa
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 17 February 2003

Hi Teresa

It all depends upon what you mean by ‘best’? I’ve stayed at both (see my recent forum report ‘Holiday Report 7 – Blue Haven Hotel’ 05 Feb) and would hate to choose between them. The Coco Reef Resort has 135 rooms, the Blue Haven Hotel just 55, so they both have completely different character. The Coco Reef has much more vibrancy about it, being larger. Even when fully booked (as it was during our stay) the Blue Haven has a much quieter laid-back feel. They’re both comparable in terms of luxury and quality of service, etc. It depends very much upon what you’re looking for.

If you have any specific questions about differences between the two, just yell.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Teresa

Post by Teresa »

Thanks for the info Steve. I was wondering which hotel has access to more things to do? Do either offer day trips? I am having problems accessing the Blue Haven website. We have considered the golf package through Coco Reef but might reconsider Blue Haven if there are things to do. Any recommendations? Thanks again! Teresa
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi again Teresa Being a larger hotel, the Coco Reef probably has more to do - it has a small, but well equipped gym and sauna, plus tennis courts, for instance. I've just checked the Blue Haven website and its working fine - are you trying (http://www.bluehavenhotel.com?).

Both hotels can arrange tours for you, although personally I would recommend that you book tours directly with Yes Tourism (http://www.yes-tourism.com) - partly because they're bloody good and partly because they care enough about visitors to take the time and trouble to research questions in this forum - even when there's nothing directly in it for them.

Another point about wedding arrangements. I know most/every hotel will make arrangements for you, but its too important an event to leave to clerical staff who only handle a few a year. I would strongly recommend that you contact Tobago Weddings (http://www.tobagoweddings.com) who can really make sure that you experience an event to remember, again, regardless of where you stay.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Blue Haven Hotel”