Just Booked to go to Coco Reef..........

135 room luxury 4* beachside resort at Crown Point (listing)
Andy Harper

Just Booked to go to Coco Reef..........

Post by Andy Harper »

My wife and I have just booked to go to Coco Reef in Mid April 2005 for two weeks. I am 31 and my wife will be 27 and we are going AI.

Our decision was between Aruba, Grenada or Tobago. Important factors to us were the quality of food on an AI, nice accommodation and obviously a beautiful location. Coco Beach just stood miles aprt from any others we have looked at, so I hope all you previous visitors to Coco Reef and Tobago can reassure us that we have chosen very wisely.

One little concern I have is that there are a few comments around about the Coco Reef over booking or double booking, any comments???

Comments greatfully received on where to go on Tobago, safety on island and whether it is worth touring the island in a car or some other means???

Many thanks,

Andy & Jo

Two people very excited and soon to be staying at Coco Reef 8)
Graeme Jones

COCO REEF RESORT

Post by Graeme Jones »

My partner and I stayed at the Coco Reef last November,AI is not an issue,the food was first class and the service excellent.You need to book your place for dinner so to get a spot in the restaurant,but there is equally a nice buffet to have at the beachside bar.

Hire a car they are not expensive and they do a reasonable service from the hotel,you can get to other beaches around the island,as the one at the hotel is manufactured so you don't have the palm tree aspect.I would recommend Englishman's bay for a picnic day out.

Graeme Jones
Andy Harper

Post by Andy Harper »

Thx Graeme for your prompt reply.

Useful Info thx, but do you book your table every morning or in advance???
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Andy

Over the last three or four years I know of two short periods where the hotel was over-booked and problems occurred. I believe that both were down to computer problems, once with a major tour operator and the more recent episode at the hotel. Surprisingly, we had remarkably little complaint about the recent episode.

These sort of incidents do happen at every popular hotel. You have a choice of going to a not-so-popular hotel knowing that over-booking is hardly likely, or to a very popular hotel accepting that on ocassion, mistake can be made and cock-ups occur. However, if these things happened on a regular basis, then they wouldn't be popular hotels, would they?

You need to research this site to determine the best places to visit for your taste and interests. I always suggest that visitors take a full-day island tour with one of the smaller tour operators (NOT the bus-load tours organised by the reps of the major package holidays) to get a general overview of the island, and then hire a car and wander wherever and whenever you want.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Andy

The system at the Coco Reef is the same as at almost every holiday hotel I've visited on Tobago or elsewhere, in that you normally book your dinner table when arriving/leaving breakfast.

Few of the hotels every have enough tables/covers for every single guest to dine at the same time - and imagine the delays/quality if they did - so the practise is more to spread the load across the evening.
Steve Wooler
Graeme Jones

Post by Graeme Jones »

Andy,

Like Steve says we found it convenient to book at breakfast time as the restaurant is very good and does have an excellent menu and even though we were there in November the restaurant did get full.

The buffet bar is less formal and you simply turn up and select what you want,plenty of it and a good choice,sometimes with entertainment thrown in.

We probably did 50/50 through the holiday depending on the times we got back from the trips out.

Graeme
Andy Harper

Post by Andy Harper »

Thanks to both Graeme & Steve for those replies......

We booked to go in April, mainly because the weather between Jan and April is better than the rest of the year, would I be right in thinking that??? I hope so!!!!
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Andy

Yes, but see our Weather page for annual weather stats.
Last edited by Steve Wooler on Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Wooler
Andy Harper

Post by Andy Harper »

I go to your link but it says page not found......
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Sorry, Andy - my fingers are all over the place this morning. Try it now.
Steve Wooler

Return to “Coco Reef Resort”