Grafton Beach & Toucan Inn

108 room 3*+ All-Inclusive resort at Stone Haven Bay (listing)
Caroline S.

Post by Caroline S. »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 19 February 2003

Last night found your wonderful site.Have visited other review sites but yours is far superior and so informative.Anyway We are going to Tobago for Easter, staying 1 week at the Toucan Inn on b&b basis and 1 week at the Grafton Beach on all inclusive basis.We last visited Tobago in 1996 and stayed at the Grafton Beach. We had a wonderful time although the food was very disappointing even then.We loved the island of Tobago and the genuinely friendly people and that was the reason we decided to go again to celebrate something special.My sister in law and I are going to be 40 this year. Our party consists of 4 adults and 7 children between the ages of 1 and 10. After reading all the negative reviews about the Grafton Beach I am very concerned and I do not know whether to change our week at the Grafton. I have asked our tour operator if we change to 9 nights at the Toucan Inn and 5 nights at the Coco Reef,but they have not replied as yet.Any thoughts on that?Also I have not read any recent reviews on the Toucan Inn.Please has anyone been there recently?Also can anyone recommend restaurants in the vicinity of the Toucan Inn? Thanks...
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 19 February 2003

Hello Caroline

I didn't get the time to visit Toucan during our recent visit and confess that there's been no reports about it in the forum. It remains a popular choice and I've had no negative feedback (except for being woken up at 5am by the cocricos - a common problem everywhere in Tobago). I visited the Grafton during our visit and my report was posted in the forum on 28 January under the title "Holiday Report 2 - Hotels". There was also another report - just today - posted from Helen under the title "Going in June". As far restaurants whilst staying at the Toucan Inn, you're almost spoilt for choice. The Toucan's own restaurant, Bonkers, is quite popular. Just up the road, the restaurant at the Kariwak Village is supposed to be very good indeed (one of the regrets of my recent trip was that I didn't get time to try the Kariwak). Also in the area - right at the other end of Store Bay Local Road, then turn left past the Tropikist Hotel, then first right - is Ru-B-Lou's - very reasonable prices. Down in Pigeon Point Road you have Panache for good value Creole food. A little further up the road towards Scarborough is House of Pancakes for mornings (kids treat). Also in the same area, the Pelican Reef is not bad. Hope this helps.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Grafton Beach Resort”