Which Hotel + Car

Transport-related questions and comment
Gordon

Which Hotel + Car

Post by Gordon »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 20 February 2003

Hi, I am planning a honeymoon to Tobago in the last 2 weeks of September. I've looked at accommodation and have narrowed it down to Ocean Point, Crown Point, Enchanted Waters or La Casablanca. Does anyone know about these places and what is best? Or do you have any other ideas... I'm looking for a quiet, friendly but hopefully quite luxurious property, that is walking distance (or very close) to bars and restaurants. A swimming pool and close vacinity to a beach is a must, and any sport facilities would be a huge bonus. Also, I'm thinking of hiring one of the cheap convertible jeeps, again, any ideas of where to go? or would I be cheaper hiring a car when I am over there? Thanks, Gordon. h: [email protected]
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Which Hotel + Car

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 20 February 2003

Hi, Tobago is the perfect choice for a honeymoon. Crown Point area hotesl have all you need in terms of beach, bars etc, but choose carefully there or it might lack in your other requirement - quiet. (I have not stayed in the hotels you mention but others will fill you in). Get yourself a rental car in advance or after you arrive, but either way haggle big style - for a two week booking in (very quiet) September low season, you ought to be able to get at least 10-20% discount. My wife and I swear by Shermans, rated in the Rough Guide as the best - http://www.shermansrental.com. Camella the owner usually gives a discount if you haggle, or are travel industry employees, and offers one day free if you book seven. You might as well book 14 to maximise the saving, then see the whole island - that way you can disappear off to romantic restaurants up country so it matters less where you stay. You could select a different beach every day to spend time on and you won't get round them all in 14 days. Have fun
Glyn Kirpalani

Return to “Car Rental & Public Transport”