Whats walkable from the Coco Reef

135 room luxury 4* beachside resort at Crown Point (listing)
Jo And Phil E

Whats walkable from the Coco Reef

Post by Jo And Phil E »

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether there are any shops / restaurants within walking distance from the Coco Reef. Although we're going All Inclusive I do like to be able to walk around and it looks like there isn't far to go on the beach.

We're off in a couple of weeks (really looking forward to it) so any thoughts welcomed.

Thanks,
Jo and Phil
Diane C

Post by Diane C »

Hi
Hope you have a great time & I think that there are shops etc within walking distance, if you look back at earlier posts. Can you do a trip report on your return, as we are going for the first time in may ? :P there have been many positive posts & only recent ly not so good ones, but i am sure it will be perfect! :D
Jo And Phil E

Post by Jo And Phil E »

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I've been looking back over past posts and have found some interesting comments.

Yes, we will do a report when we get back. We always try and read reviews before we go places and have found that even if there are negative comments before we go at least being aware of them means you can forget them and get on with your holiday.

Great forum full of very useful tips and hints!
Stephen Turner

Post by Stephen Turner »

Yes, several restaurants within easy walking distance. There are a few shops round the airport, which is only 10 minutes walk, and some stalls on Store Bay beach next door to the hotel. Oh, and some very overpriced souvenir shops inside the hotel.
Jo And Phil E

Post by Jo And Phil E »

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. I guessed that the shops in the hotel would be a bit pricey so it's good to know that there are others within walking distance, even if it's just for a few local souvenirs.
Joe King

Post by Joe King »

Hiya,

There are lots of souvenir stalls at Store Bay as Stephen mentioned, and there are also some nice little shops as you go up towards the airport, and down towards the centre of Crown Point. They are all just small shops though, there are no big shopping centres. If you go to Scarborough for a few hours there are some bigger shops eg sports wear, clothes etc, but again no shopping centres.

There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance... Kariwak, Bonkers, Pelican Reef, Cafe Coco, Dillons and Cafe Iguana to mention just a few.

If you like walking then you will have to go to see the Argyl Waterfall, and go on a rainforest trek too... but remember to wear sensible shoes, the walk into the waterfall is particularly tricky at stages.

Have a great time, I wish I was going back :cry:

Joe

Return to “Coco Reef Resort”