Virgin Flights

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Helen

Virgin Flights

Post by Helen »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 07 March 2003

Can anyone advise me where is a good place to get virgin flights to tobago from. Also how far ahead can we book them? We are looking at easter holidays next year but some of the villas are already booking up. We dont want to book a villa and find we cant get a flight.

Thank you
helen
John

Virgin Flights

Post by John »

Try Virgin Atlantic they have a web site or Virgin Holidays
Malc C

Virgin Flights

Post by Malc C »

Hi Helen, Try http://www.virgin-atlantic.com but it looks as though you can only book to the end of 2003, Malc C
Jill Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Virgin Flights

Post by Jill Wooler »

We believe that some airlines don't allow booking more than 11 mths. ahead. You should have absolutely no trouble obtaining flights if you book 10 or 11 mths. before travel
Jill Wooler
www.myTobago.info
John

Virgin Flights

Post by John »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 08 March 2003

Helen

Another plus with Virgin is the Baggage allowance 32kg each bag x 2 and you can pre book your seats.
John Hill

Post by John Hill »

Hi All

Have just been informed by Virgin that they are operating the flights with a 747-400 NOT Air Atlanta using a older 747-200.

Good news for all Virgin Travellers.
HelenH

virgin flights

Post by HelenH »

Can anyone verify the information I saw on another website that virgin may be starting flights from manchester later this year via barbados. I hope so as it would be much easier for us. We are due to book our flights soon but would have to travel on a saturday. Does anyone know which days these flights will be going?
thanks
helen
Bev Walker

Virgin Flights

Post by Bev Walker »

Hi John

How did you find out that Virgin are using 747-400?

I am flying out on Mon 19 May (and Can't wait) :lol:

Thanks

Bev
Tanja Mohammed

Virgin

Post by Tanja Mohammed »

I have attended a presentation from Virgin Atlantic in Tobago today. The first Virgin flight arrives on May 5 (the coming monday), they operate a Boing 747-400 aircraft servicing Tobago, then to Grenada, coming back to Tobago and then return to Gatwick. It's gonna be a year-round service on Mondays. They offer three classes for a total of 439 passengers (upper class i.e. first which includes special limo transfers on arrival and departure, premium economy, i.e. business class which is on the upper deck, and economy class). With the introduction of this service on Monday, Virgin offers a total of 14 flights per week to the Caribbean region.
Another special offer is the hotel check-in on the morning of departure (arrangements have been made with some of the hotels (they didn't name them) whereas passengers can check in their luggage and get their boarding passes on the morning of their departure at some of the hotels in order to avoid long times at the airport. The airline is also prepared to offer these check-in procedures for larger groups e.g. staying in villas (arragements have to be made in advance).
Looking forward to this new airlift for Tobago

Tanja
Jill Wooler

Post by Jill Wooler »

Hi Helen

Virgin have just confirmed to us that there are no plans to fly from Manchester to Tobago via Barbados

Jill.myTobago.info
Jill Wooler
www.myTobago.info

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”