Little Tobago

Questions and comments about birding and rainforest tours
David

Little Tobago

Post by David »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 10 March 2003

I am visiting Tobago in a couple of weeks and would like to include Little Tobago in my itinerary, and I believe it is possible to walk across the island. The question I have is that since we will be accompanied by our chilren aged 3 and 5 would the trails be suitable for them. In UK they are capable of walks of 3 to 4 miles along the Pembrokeshire coast paths, albeit with the youngest having shoulder rides on all the uphill sections. Are there any specific problems with the trails on Little Tobago to suggest that they may not be recommeneded for young children. Thanks
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Little Tobago

Post by Steve Wooler »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 10 March 2003

Hello David. No, it should not be a problem. The trails are gentle and you don't even need walking boots. Have a great trip and let us know how you get on.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Niki Byrne

Little Tobago

Post by Niki Byrne »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 11 March 2003

Hi David, Like Steve says the trials will be fine for children. Can I recommend you go with Franks who are based at Blue Waters Inn just past Speyside. We were recommended them by the lady that owned the villa we stayed in and a guy called Selwyn took us around the island. We went in June and because it was a fairly quiet time there was only the two of us and he went out of his way to show us everything he could - he even took us to Goat Island on the way back. Well worth it. Enjoy your time there !

Return to “Birdwatching & Rainforest”