Bicycle rent

Transport-related questions and comment
Evert Dirks

Bicycle rent

Post by Evert Dirks »

Is is possible to rent two bikes for a week so that we cane go to de restaurants with out using a car.
We are staying at the hiltonhotel en are used to the tempertuur of the region becase this is not the first time we are going to the caraibic.
We are renting a car some days but we think its easy to have bicycles for de short trips.

Evert
Lisa Keith
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Lisa Keith »

Hi Evert,

There's a guy down towards the airport in 'One World' music - opposite the corner of Pigeon Point Road, who rents bikes (Schwinn from memory). I have no idea of his name, nor how much he costs, but he has bikes there.

Lisa
Ron Neale

Post by Ron Neale »

Is Tobago very "bike riding friendly"? Other than Crown Point, the terrain looks a bit challenging...
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Ron

It depends upon where you're staying. The south-west section of the island (Crown Point to Scarborough) is very flat and great for bike riding. This is where the only cycle-hire places are based (see: Tobago/Getting Around/Cycle Hire). You will need to be pretty fit to cycle in the other parts of the island.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Steve,"pretty fit",I can hardly walk upsome of those hills!!(no comments please)
David
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

no comment to david :lol: just a silent smile, grin, ok laugh... :wink: you are in for some training, david.

I have seen people ride up hills in castara with a bike that I never thought could be possibly done... pretty fit might be a understated...
some people just push it up some hills and enjoy rolling down on the other side, but beware, the streets are narrow and winding...
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

... and don't get too captivated by the scenery and take your eye off the road. Some of those potholes can be really deep and easily throw you off your bike.

no comment to David :lol: who is a little too fond of his Caribs and dining :twisted:
Steve Wooler
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

OUCH!!!!!
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Is that the sound you make when the saddle invades your privacy after droping into a pothole? :P
Steve Wooler
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Mr Wooler,I was reacting to the slight on my character and the indirect reference to my physical characteristics! :cry:
David
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Look, David, can you please refrain from reply so quickly, so early in the morning. I can only manage one crack per cup of coffee and you're taxing the system.

Incidentally, what's happened to your avatar? Did you remove it or have you never had one?

Anyway, I suggest that you and I sit outside Coddringtons and enjoy a Carib or two whilst we watch these keen youngsters cycling up the hill.
Steve Wooler
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Never had one,Steve.I like the idea of sitting outside Coddries-cyclists or not-as long as the shop is open :lol:
David

Return to “Car Rental & Public Transport”