Contacting Sheppy

Transport-related questions and comment
Simon Ross

Contacting Sheppy

Post by Simon Ross »

We are shortly going to Tobago & have been trying to contact Sheppy by email and by phone, the numbers on the website seem to be out of order. Does anyone have an up to date number?

Many thanks

Simon

ps What a wonderful and easy to use website
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Simon

Welcome aboard!

I am surprised at you not hearing back from Sheppy. What email address are you using?

As regards telephone number - try +868 631-8277 for the office, or +868 680-8931
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Simon Ross

Sheppy

Post by Simon Ross »

Hello Steve

Thank you very much for your prompt relpy and the telephone number. The one on Sheppy's website was wrong.

I tried contacting him via the reservations section on his site.

Many thanks

Simon
Simon Ross

Sheppy

Post by Simon Ross »

Steve

Have spoken to Sheppy on the number you gave me he was very helpful.

Many thanks

Simon
Tony Gibson

Sheppies Auto Hire

Post by Tony Gibson »

Simon.
We hired a jeep for ten days from the 14 April, I must say we had no problems.
The vehicle was in firt class confition and I would recomend Sheppie to anyone.
We were staying in Castara, the Vehicle was delivered to us on the 14 and collected on the 27th.
I learnt how to drive in that time, I can now honk my horn, wave my arm and drive around corners all at once.

Regards
Tony.
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Tony,to be real Tobogonian driver,you have to be sipping a Carib or Stag at the same time as utilising your foramentioned skills. :wink: %*}
David :D
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Hi David

Sipping a Carib or Stag is nothing, our Hostess on a previous holiday to Tobago did not drink beer, she could negotiate the very steep bumpy drive down from her property in a rather ricketty jeep carrying a full cup of rum and not spill a drop, she did however always use a plastic cup in case of accidents! %*}

Linda
15 sleeps to go
Caroline Brookes
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Re: Sheppy Car Rental

Post by Caroline Brookes »

We hired a jeep for five days from Sheppy's using the internet. Answers to our emailed questions received a quick response. We asked for the jeep to be delivered to Adventure Eco Farm, Plymouth half way through our 14 day holiday. The jeep was delivered at the agreed time and date. We completed the paperwork formalities there and then, and the payment was made by credit card using firm's mobile phone to their HQ. We asked for the jeep to be picked up at Castara, five days later and this was done.

The jeep was clean inside and out, although as a soft top and with missing plastic side windows it was a bit of a problem when it rained hard as water penetrated the back of the vehicle. Also we did feel somewhat vulnerable security wise, particularly when moving all our "worldly goods and chattels" between accommodation venues. However, our concerns were unfounded, everything arrived safely including ourselves, as we dodged dogs sleeping in the middle of the road, meeting pedestrians round every bend, and avoided potholes. The vehicle had good brakes and good steering.

We were asked to return the jeep with three-quarters of a tank of petrol. Dear Sheppy, we did try on Saturday afternoon to top up the tank at both Roxborough and Charlotteville but both petrol stations were closed. However, the jeep was returned with near on three-quarters of a tank, give or take a gallon or two we think. The moral is whenever you see a petrol station open, fill up!!

I was impressed with the efficiency of the delivery and collection service provided by Sheppy and would recommend his services without hesitation.

Caroline
Dr Stefan Rustscheff
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Re: Contacting Sheppy

Post by Dr Stefan Rustscheff »

And ever since he delivered my jeep to the pitch dark mudslides called roads above englishman´s bay around 930 PM on a saturday he has been my hero. Kudos to him for all that he is and stands for!

Return to “Car Rental & Public Transport”