Guest Report

54 room 2* budget hotel in Crown Point (listing)
Mr Jeremy Ec Baily

Guest Report

Post by Mr Jeremy Ec Baily »

My wife and I stayed in room 88 for two lovely weeks (June 2008) and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The room was painted a dull peach, had a high ceiling and a beautiful sea view from the balcony. The shower and toilet were old but in full working order. There was adequate drawer and hanging space and a Queen size bed, a mini-fridge and a TV that was never switched on, so no idea if it worked or not, we don’t watch TV when on holiday. The air-conditioning unit made all the right noises and its fan pushed air about, it however steadfastly refused to drop the temperature anywhere near the 16C degrees the remote control claimed it would. Clean towels and a maid service daily ensured all was fine.

We stayed all-inclusive and thought it good value for the money we paid. Don’t expect the huge buffets style meals favoured by most all-inclusive packages. We ate well, if sometimes with luke-warm food. Most guests dressed (long trousers, dresses, etc) for the evening meal.

The pool was clean and tidy although some areas could have been cleared up more often. The staff appeared stand-off-ish at first. We got round this by smiling a lot and engaged them in conversation while waiting to be served and were looked after eventually.

A 2 Star, budget hotel is what we paid for and that is what we got, if you want 5 Star service and amenities like some of the guests did, then go elsewhere and pay the difference.

It is a long way from perfect, but a lot better than some reviewers seem to think.
NASmith

Re: Guest Report

Post by NASmith »

We stayed in The Tropikist last October for a couple of weeks. We enjoyed both the hotel and the island. The gardens and pools are extremely good and although the rooms could do with a bit of maintainance work ours was comfortable and perfectly adequate. The food was OK with breakfast being the best meal of the day.
The reason for this post is that I have noted that a number of folks have reported problems with the staff. In my opinion this is entirely due to the guests attitude towards them. A lot of guests were rude and treated the staff like slaves, not surprisingly they did not like it and responded badly. However those of us who treated the staff in a polite and friendly fashion were treated in kind. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and they contributed a lot towards the success of our visit.

Doasyouwouldbedoneby!!!!

Norman and Maureen

Return to “Tropikist Beach Hotel”