Highly recommend Wayne as a taxi / tour guide

Transport-related questions and comment
Heather N

Highly recommend Wayne as a taxi / tour guide

Post by Heather N »

I travel to Trinidad many times a year on business, and decided years ago to visit Tobago. I was a bit nervous given experiences in Trinidad, being female and obviously a foreigner, but must admit to being more than pleasantly surprised.

Before I left Trinidad, I asked close Trini friends what I should expect to pay for a taxi from the ferry to our hotel (what they would pay as "locals"), so I knew what a reasonable amount would be. When we came off the ferry and were approached by drivers, I was impressed by a man who presented well and when I asked him the fare to our hotel, came up with an amount that was well within the range a local would expect. I am probably a bit jaded as being a foreigner in Trinidad, you are targeted by people looking to make a fast buck..and things tend to be more expensive than they would be for locals.

We also then booked him to show us around the island..it was a fantastic experience! I have kept his number on file and call him every time I visit. I cannot say enough about the man; he is a great tour guide - knows all the history and all the "must sees" in Tobago, he is honest, trustworthy and as a former bartender, makes a mean Rum Punch! He can also help in a pinch with last minute accommodation etc., as he is well known there.

For any females travelling solo..or not... he is safe & trustworthy...as most of Tobago is. I have been there 5+ times and it is a great destination. His name is Wayne, and I highly recommend him. You can call him locally at (868) 782-8705. Ask him for his Rum Punch recipe and Heather's discount :)

Return to “Car Rental & Public Transport”